The holiday season typically means a break from the usual morning rush. But it won’t be long until you’re back to starting your mornings as you usually do, where chaos snowballs into a full day of rushing around, skipping meals, and ultimately – a bad day.
But have you ever noticed how starting your mornings with a routine sets you up for success? Your morning influences how you feel, act, and think for the rest of the day.
Here are 6 steps for facing a better morning resulting in a better attitude and overall experience:
- After you turn the alarm off try to resist the urge to check your email or social media for the first 15 minutes. Otherwise, you’re setting yourself up to be enslaved by technology.
- Instead of drinking coffee first thing in the morning, try a delicious lemon infused water. It has multiple health benefits including waking up your metabolism, which will jump-start the fat-burning process. Thus, giving you a morning boost to get your day going. For optimal results wait about 30 minutes before brushing your teeth, drinking or eating.
- Most ignore stretching first thing in the morning. Although it’s quite simple and helps wake up your body and get you moving.
- Meditate, or take a quiet, relaxing 20-minute soak in your hot tub to start you off refreshed and with mental clarity.
- Try to set 3 reasonable goals each morning; this may include making lunch, scheduling an appointment, or checking your calendar.
- Plan some quality family time where everyone is unplugged and kicks back and relaxes while catching up on the the plans for the day.
For those who struggle with good night’s sleep, try a 20-minute soak about 90 minutes before bed. A nightly soak acts as a natural sleep-aid and will help you fall into a deeper and more restful sleep. As a result, you’ll start your day off on a better foot. A good night’s sleep means you’ll wake refreshed and rejuvenated. Happier.